Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dolls From Yesteryear

My mother-in-law is so talented. She can make something out of nothing. For instance, her son found this little western hat while walking down the street. He gave it to his mom and viola the cutest pin cushion I have ever seen.
In the early seventies Sunbeam Bread had a very cute little girl on the wrapper. She had blonde hair and a cute blue and white dress. You guessed it. Marie sewed the outfits and dressed the dolls. I looked them up on e-bay they classify them as rare. One sold the other day for over a hundred dollars. Marie has one that she makes new outfits for. One is a wedding dress and the other is a blue and white crocheted dress and hat. I am so not talented I cannot see the difference between crocheting and knitting.
I wanted you to see just some of the dolls that she has made.

1 comment: