Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Value Of The Gift

We exchanged gifts with Marie and Rolland on Christmas Eve afternoon when we finished with lunch. I didn’t even do dishes, surprise, surprise.
True to form, Marie made me a beautiful afghan. It was lovely with pink raised roses on a bed of white and blue. It will be a heirloom for me.
I bought, the optimum word is bought, her a beautiful turquoise velour outfit that goes beautifully with her white hair. Fran got her some jewelry. While she was unwrapping and inspecting her gifts she was very quiet. I was watching from across the room and went to her. I told her that one of her friends just loved the soft velour outfits and had three of them. She told me she had a closet full of clothes. (sigh)
Her last gift was thick and misshapen.. She felt of it and ripped the paper away, and said, “Now THAT I like!"
That gift cost a whole three dollars and in return I got a million dollar smile. One just never knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment