Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marie's Little Known Tips And Remedies

 Marie gave me tips on how to get rid of bugs in your garden today. Anyone that knows me will know exactly what I said when she told me to put quartered grapefruit in the rows in the garden. I said, “No way!” She laughed and said, “I didn’t have any money to buy things, I had to use what I had. Rotted oranges and grapefruit keep all the bugs and pests out of the plants. Sometimes you need to put a stick through them to hold them still but they work.” Me of little faith came home, got on the internet and lo and behold, the big farmers use extract of grapefruit. It even has a name with initials, like GES or some such thing.
Then she was telling me about Octagon Soap. Has anyone ever heard of that? Once again, I got on the internet. The first thing I told Fran, "Oh, that stuff is still being sold, but it is expensive; almost two dollars a bar." It helps multiple things; it cures acne which Marie told me, kills nits, which she told me. When I was on the internet I got on a chat room and found Octagon soap which is made by Colgate-Palmolive for as little as sixty eight cents a bar. The uses that people have for this soap is just amazing. They say that it stops itching for poison ivy, chiggers, bug bites. Fran says it’s good catfish bait, and so did the computer. It is also a household cleaner and is often used when the children are having carving contests in school. I also found it being sold by Piggly Wiggly stores, Kroegers, and many other grocery stores.
Marie is a untapped resource for knowledge for me. I am so fortunate to have her as a mother-in-law. The only thing I need a computer for is to tell her stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment