Saturday, March 16, 2019

Tina Lizotte And Her Me'me

When Tina visited our house with her family for Marie's hundredth birthday she sat at this very computer and downloaded pictures she had taken for me. I was sitting at the kitchen table watching her. I decided to ask her some questions. I said, "You are very fond of your grandmother, aren't you Tina?" She turned to me and smiled and said, (I will paraphrase this for you. It has been a few years.) "Oh yes, I spent a lot of time with Me'me when I was little. She always let me "help" her do things and explained what she was doing at the time. She had love for her family with no exceptions. If you did something wrong when you were little she explained why it was wrong and not to do it again.  She knew all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Loved them unconditionally."
I know this to be true. In her later years, I lived just across the road from her. I was married to her son, Francis. We visited back and forth a lot.
At the age of 102 she told me what her great great grandson's name was and where he lived and who  his mother and grandmother were. She was intrigued with Tina's twins. She had their pictures in her living room, photo books and in her bedroom. She kept everything that her grandchildren sent her.
At the age of 102  her grandson, Robert had some heart surgery. She had me pray with her at every meal until she was made aware that he was going to be alright. She always told me that her family was very important to her.
This is a picture of Marie and Tina on her 100th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment