Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Pajama Day At Marie's House Today

I told Fran this morning I was going to wear pajamas to his mom's house this morning. He said, "that's fine, you have clothes down there and a shower."
Little did he know I had no intention on changing my clothes.
I have not been sleeping all that well lately. I have no idea why, just wake up at about three or four in the morning ready to start my day. About the time Marie is finished with her breakfast then I start to wilt.
This morning I just thought why get dressed. We weren't expecting any company and if someone came without calling they would get what they get.
My plan in place I dressed Marie in clean PJ's and we were ready for our day.
No one called and wanted to video chat, no one came to the door, and no one came to see if I had a name tag on and what we were wearing.
We were comfortable. It just seemed like when I jigged she jogged and our day went so smoothly.
I just had a thought. Should nursing homes implement pajama day? Would that be so wrong? Would the state inspectors care? It really presents an atmosphere that is laid back and easy going. Just think how much money CNA's and nurses would save. They could just take a shower at home, put on comfy pajamas and go to work. Just a note: I have seen many people shopping at Walmart with their pajamas on. I know because I may have bought a pair or two there myself.
I didn't care if I got dirty, she didn't worry about getting me dirty. We were cool beans! One of Marie's nieces's laughed one day when I said that. She said, "I haven't heard that in years!"
There is probably a State Reg about dress code, or company dress code, but this dress code sure worked well for us today. Now if I could just get her to not throw things on the floor when she is done looking at them. No, don't want any rules, I will just keep having Fran pick up her throw away papers and magazines. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment