Thursday, April 19, 2018

Marie's Grandson Roger, Jr.

Roger Jr. came to visit us with his three children and his father to help Marie celebrate her 95th birthday. He will always stand out in my mind because he was the first person I ever saw watch a movie on his cell phone. I know, I know, but I'm from the country!
Sabrina's graduation
Tired Dad and baby
Sabrina, his oldest daughter fell in love with cucumber salad, Brandon learned how to pick, stem and clean green beans from the garden. And loved to eat them too. And Jasmin was five. She was a five year old with the "I miss my daddy and want to be with him all the time attitude". However, Grandma Lu helped out when Francis, Roger, Sr. and Roger Jr. wanted to go fishing. We made cookies!
Three generations
Every time Roger visits our house he gives me a bad time about my coffee or lack or it. We have jabbed each other about coffee over the years. He has a good sense of humor which is important to me. He, like most of us has had bumps in his road, but again like most of us picks himself up by his boot straps and continues on with his life. Marie's grandchildren are made of strong stuff and I congratulate them on that. She would be proud of all of you!
Sabrina, Roger, and Brandon

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then his last visit, Sabrina married and has three children, adding three great great grandchildren to Marie's list. Brandon has grown up and away and is in school in Nevada. Jasmin lives in Texas and is beautiful.
Roger has a wife, Kelly, and has  two sons with her.



Roger Sr., and Roger went to Sturgis a few years ago and had a ball on their trip. They rode their motorcycles and had a ball experiencing getting to know the lawyers, doctors, and businessmen who also ride bikes. And of course, got to wear their Harley gear.
A long long time ago, Marie's son, Francis taught her other son Roger Sr., how to be an auto body mechanic. And so Roger Sr. taught Roger also. Roger now is doing that for a living.
When Roger and Kelly and then only Ryan who is now four came to help Marie celebrate her 100th birthday, Roger did us all a favor and made a video with Frank Sinatra singing in the background "The Young At Heart." I embedded that video in Marie's blog post that celebrated her birthday.
Kelly and Roger added another boy, Andrew who is now a year and a half old.





1 comment: