Friday, April 6, 2018

Marie's Magazine Is A Bit Of American History

In her stack of sheet music, lyric books, Readers Digest Music book and bits and pieces of handwritten lyrics I found a magazine. It was taped together also, but very readable. It was called the Movie Mirror.
I Googled the Movie Mirror and the last publication I saw was in 1985. Amazon sells these magazines as a single copy for a lot of money if they are in mint condition, however, they say only one left in stock on several of them.
This edition is November 1958. I could not find it listed anywhere. It fascinates me. I shall read it cover to cover several times I'm sure. The cover is Kim Novak. I remember her and Tab Hunter, who is also on this cover when I was a teenager. He was my heart throb. Pat Boone has an article in this magazine as well as "in the news today" Robert and Natalie Wagner.
This magazine is 60 years old and is just full of history. Imagined or real. The reporters in these article talk just like I am talking now. I love it!!!
Natalie said that Robert taught her everything about love. She wouldn't care if he looked like Yul Brenner.
Ricky Nelson said that he didn't want to go to college he was making too much money on the Ozzie and Harriet show.
Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Pat Boone had just a few of the interviews in this juicy tidbit of a magazine.
This jewel sold for $3.00 a year or twenty five cents at the counter.
Pictures of James Darren and his little boy playing hide and seek, and a real sizzler of an article about Marlon Brando titled, Hero or Heel? Such fun
In this jewel you could order 5 dresses for $2.75 but the very best ad was for a wrist radio for $4.98. that included an ear plug. Five year unconditional guarantee. No batteries to wear out. No tubes to replace. That price included shipping. Well I never!
I shouldn't laugh because I didn't think microwaves would ever become a staple part of a lady's kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment