Thursday, March 29, 2018

Another Great Granddaughter's Story

I showed Marie a picture of her carrying wood yesterday afternoon. She knows that I put pictures on the internet. She also enjoys knowing that her family loves her and loves the pictures.
The picture triggered a memory to Marie that I couldn't comprehend. I could see on her face that she wanted to tell me what she was thinking. I sat down on her cedar chest beside her with my dry erase board and the story began. But with her fingers only telling me in a whisper, "Chuck's daughter, "Saundra."
She showed me with her fingers over and over like her fingers were "walking" only really fast like they were running. Over and over she went. She stopped and looked out the window. She does this now when she is thinking.
She looked back at me like tell me more.
I smiled and wrote to her that she was a beauty operator. Again her fingers went wild through and under and over her hair over and over. From this I had a feeling that Cassie like to play with hair.
I sent a message to Cassie last night telling her about what Marie had done.
This is a quote from Cassie along with permission to publish this little story.
"I was always playing with hair, whether it be hers or my dolls. She always told me I was going to be a beautician. She wanted me to keep her old home hood hair dryer that hooked to the table. I swore I'd never use it. I wish I would have kept it. I was very close to Me'me. Tell her hello and I love her."
So I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment