Saturday, March 17, 2018

She Helps Special Needs Children


I had the opportunity to visit with Gina this afternoon for the very first time.
She is Marie's granddaughter whose mother is Marie often referred to as Little Marie.
Reva and Takkisha
Since I had never met or visited with her before, I pretty much interviewed her like Lois Lane!
 Polly, Penny, Mom, and Gina
Reva Gina and Takkisha
I saw on Facebook that she had passed her test, but I had no clue what the license was for. She is now licensed to drive vehicles that have special needs children as riders to their school. That includes wheel chair students, non-verbal, autistic, and a variety of other special needs that need special transportation. Gina said that she had special training in wheel chair transportation safety. She also told me that she had driven a school bus for six years.
Gina loves her family of two daughters and two grandsons, in fact she has one daughter and grandson live with her at this time.
Takkisha and Ezra
Gina drives a similar van 
Of course, she loves her grandmother, Marie Lizotte who taught her how to crochet and knit at a young age. Her grandmother made her wedding gown and veil that she wore proudly years ago.
Gina told me that she loves to read Harry Potter books and has every movie also. After the first one she read she was hooked!







No comments:

Post a Comment