Thursday, March 29, 2018

Marie's Hat Went Muddin'

Marie's hats are fun things to wear, model, and laugh with family at picture taking time.
Marie's hats have been worn on a boat, in the garden, in the grocery store the Dollar Store and even in my laundry room. Yup, one day I was feeling silly and saw it sitting on the shelf and put it on and started singing and dancing around.
Marie's hats make you just feel good.
Marie's hats gather attention to you whether you want it or not.
In 2015 one of Marie's crocheted shopping bag hats went muddin' with Fran and Mike, my son who was going to drive and me wearing my Marie Hat.
Muddin' gets in your blood like a drug if you are young enough and want to spend a lot of money buying parts for your mud truck.
The first time I ever went muddin' was in 1990. There were four of us in a front seat of a pickup. One of those people was a D.O.N. who was on call twenty-four seven. She had the newest and the best cell phone that was new on the market. It was a bag phone. So besides four people we had that blasted bag phone bouncing up and down. It was not a little flip phone, it was big!
That was the start of it, but it got in the back seat of my life. Life has a way of getting in the way of fun things it seems. You know working, paying bills, children and all that good stuff.
When my son, Mike, bought his old mud truck Fran watched with interest as he left and came home putting dollar after dollar down a rat hole to hear Fran talk. One day I reminded him that he used to race cars for fun and by the way, wasn't that expensive. Ahem. I got my point across. Some time after that Fran and Mike would go to the scrap yards for parts. Fran and Mike would "fix" said Mud truck.
Fran and Mike would go muddin' and have a ball. A friend has a huge farm and big ponds. They have tractors to pull a driver out if they get stuck in the middle of the pond. They have a grill and have hamburgers and hot dogs. People bring their own food too. Folks set up gazebo tents, coolers with beer and sodas and a variety of things that grown ups and children alike can sample.
I had M.S. I couldn't go. The heat made me faint. It spoiled my fun for many years. One Sunday it was beautiful and Mike asked me if I wanted to go. Heck, yes I wanted to go. So cane in hand, Marie's hat on my head (washable you know) I was anxious to do it!
I'm posting a picture of me wearing her hat, Mike, and his truck, a tad muddy; note the top of my cane in hand.
The last thing that happened to make my day that I will probably remember forever was a little four year old girl that said, " Look, mama, that grandma went muddin' and she needs a ladder to help her get out of the truck." And that I did.
After my fun I sat in the shade under one of the tent gazebos and the ladies all asked me where I got such a neat hat.

Of course, I had to get Marie involved because she would think it was great. That she did!.

2 comments:

  1. Always where the fun is, aren't you Lu? Look'n good, Sis. We still have our old bag phone. Huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a bumpy ride, to me!

    ReplyDelete