Sunday, March 4, 2018

Reba Sang Her Song: I'm A Survivor


Family Time
"I'm a survivor" fits Rhonda to a "T". Rhonda and Brian moved into their house in 2005. They actually bought their home in June of 2017. Hurricane Harvey left its messy tracks all over in their yard, inside their home in August of 2017. They had good friends that helped with the clean up. One friend loaned them a house for awhile, because their home was not able to be accessed. They survived.
At Work
30 years in April
Then during this whole mess Rhonda and Brian both had surgery not long before this all happened. So the hard work of clean up was made just that much more difficult. You can't beat those odds in Vegas. They survived.
Rhonda is a wife, a sister to five siblings, an aunt, a daughter to Francis, a grandmother, oh and she has worked  full time at Strouhal Tire as a bookkeeper for thirteen years.
Rhonda loves her grandmother and has given me bits and pieces of stories and memories for this blog. She has made it her business to come as often as she could to see her especially on her birthdays.
Girl Power
2017
One time she and her husband, Brian rode a motorcycle clear to Missouri for her birthday. I was very sick with M.S. at one time when she and her girls and family visited. I sat in my chair in the living room and sat and watched them cook as a team to help me.

Rhonda and her brothers
and sisters
and mother, Donna
Marie turned 100 
I can remember her driving me into town in Texas on one of our visits. Her driving scared me to death. She said, "What's the matter with you? My dad taught me how to drive." Right then and there I knew that I was in for the ride of my life!
Floating On the Colorado
Ready for fun at
Amanda and Wayne's
wedding
Rhonda's dad 
First 4 generations
Rhonda is a treat to have for a friend. She always has time to help others and also to have fun

The picture Marie is most proud of is the first four generation picture of Rhonda's 3 day old baby girl, Elizabethan, on her lap, Rhonda, and her mother, Donna. She could recognize that picture and tell about it at the age of 102 years.
 Rhonda thinks of others frequently calling her dad and I, and sending goodies for her me'me.
The last picture of Rhonda and her grandmother is my favorite.
Words were not needed.









2 comments: