Monday, March 5, 2018

He Says One Day At A Time

Chuck is Marie's grandson. He bought her house in 2000. He has a wife, children, and grandchildren.
Loves to fish
fun being  grandparents
He sings, plays guitar, paints, does a lot of fishing, works full time for the same company for seventeen years. I always forget he works nights and it seems I may call him while at work or is trying to rest. Ahem, sorry Chuck. I love emojis. Chuck patiently, well maybe not too patiently taught me where in the world that little smiley face was on the "typing line" in Facebook Messenger. That experience said, he and his family still visited us for his grandmother's 100th birthday. We had such a good time with them.
Chuck's mom and girls
Visit with his 100 year old me'me

Lovely
When I asked him if I could do a feature story on him, he said, "help yourself, its going to read like a novel." He was right, my goodness he is multi-talented and doesn't toot his own horn much. In other words I found out a lot about him when I started digging.
Helping April garden
Remodeling ongoing! 
You will see pictures of his paintings, his family when they were here, a video of him performing just recently, and hear a story of his fight with his demons that he says is a one day at a time battle.
Chuck was an addict, Marie was the one he said that was there to always pick up the pieces when he most needed her.

He has honored her by staying sober, fixing up the house that she lived in for years and by believing that God intervenes at the most opportune times.
His children, Marie's great grandchildren, like so many others check every day to read how she is doing.
Like I have often said, she is leaving this world quite a legacy. Thanks for letting me share your story, Chuck.
Chuck and his daughter, Libby also made the long trip to help his me'me celebrate her 103rd birthday in July, 2018
Everyone enjoyed Chuck's guitar music. I can remember listening to everyone sing after I had gone to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck told me this morning he's going to start painting again! I love his art.

    ReplyDelete