Friday, February 2, 2018

A Catching Smile

Every time I look at this picture of Marie, I smile. I have only known her for ten years, but I have never seen her smile with pure joy like this photo shows.
When I first met Marie she was 92. She was planting a garden, worked with her flowers whenever the weather was nice and smiled. She had a pleasant smile. Actually the longer I knew Marie the easier it got to " read" her smiles.
There was a smile that said, " I think I could like you." There was a smile that held no humor, it was a smile of tolerance. I got the brunt of that smile the first time Fran took me to her house for Sunday dinner. I asked if I could get the ketchup for her. This with a smile on her face. " You want ketchup on roast beef?" I thought I would stand up to this 4'10" lady and said " yes." She went to the fridge got the ketchup and muttered things she knew I could hear. I wondered to myself how much influence she had on Fran's decision making. I soon found out that same day. I have been interviewed by high powerful CEO's of huge corporations that were easier to be more comfortable with than the grilling she put me through on a one to one interview. Whew, I told Fran she was a tough one!
I asked Fran about this photo of his mom and he said that they were at a Christmas party and that she was having a really good time. That was very apparent.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know what was so funny!! Looks like Marie is having so much fun. 😍😍

    ReplyDelete