Saturday, February 10, 2018

Marie's First Son

Marie's first son, Roland, had five children; four girls and one son, Roland Jr.
Roland lived with his mother for several years. He was very good to hhis mom and took her shopping to the grocery store and the pharmacy and of course, to Dollar General.
He, like his mother had to wear a hat. You know, now that I mention it his brothers both wear hats too. He had major health problems also and died at a very young age. His children have all had beautiful families and keep in touch with their grandmother.
If Roland would have lived he would be a great grandfather by now. My goodness, what a legacy Marie has left for this world.
I am going to add a little footnote here. The other day I told Rhonda, Fran's daughter, that Marie had refused her lunch and said she was so very sick. I asked her what I could do for her. She shook her head "nothing". I went to the kitchen to get her some cold water, but turned quickly and saw her hide a little bag of Cheetos. It reminded me so much of Roland I had to tell Fran I wished that Roland was alive. I would apologize to him. Fran asked me why. I told him I used to get
irritated with him when he complained about his mother eating all of his snacks. (He paid the grocery bill.) I had taken a little bowl of Cheetos into Marie the other day and she took the whole big bowl I had in my other hand. All of a sudden I realized that when you want a snack you get upset when somebody steals them even if it's your mother or mother-in-law. Got to love her.
March 2019: It was Roland she cried for when she was terribly ill. She saved his bronze shoes, his first communion book, his everything. A mother's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment